Dr. Lewis C. Cummings; a Houston native, received his dental degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. After graduating dental school with honors, Dr. Cummings continued his training with a residency at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Lincoln, where he completed a Masters Degree in Oral Biology and received his certificate in periodontics. While in Lincoln, Dr. Cummings began to research tissue engineering and continues this study of regeneration in relation to implant site development. This pursuit has allowed Dr. Cummings the opportunity to lecture and teach techniques internationally in this field.
Currently, he holds associate professor positions with both the University of Texas Dental School at Houston and the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Lincoln; teaching soft tissue grafting and dental implants in the post-graduate programs. He is also an instructor with the Center for Advanced Dental Education in Dallas, Texas, teaching advanced periodontal plastic surgical procedures to dentists from around the world.
Dr. Cummings also joins Dr. Pat Allen in the Advanced Dental Education series courses teaching:
Hard and Soft Tissue Ridge Augmentation, Vestibuloplasty and Crown Lengthening
This expanded course presents rationale and surgical techniques for:
* Bone and Soft Tissue Grafting for Implant Site Development
* Socket Preservation Techniques
* Particulate bone grafting with SonicWeld Rx
* Bone Block Allografts with SonicWeld Rx Pin and Titanium Screw Fixation
* Use of BMP-2 in augmentation procedures
* Vascularized Palatal Grafts and AlloDerm
* Vestibular Extension and Stabilization
* Flap and Osseous Surgery for Esthetic Crown Lengthening